Battleping closing itself
Battleping is closing itself shortly after I open it. It will read Loading then close itself. I am not even getting enough time to enter a single letter. Other times I'm getting a pathway denied error.
I am attempting to capture the error if it happens again.
I would try re-installing Battleping from normal location to just C:\Battleping incase any folder permissions have changed and causing issue.

If its not running as Admin, try right-click Battleping and choose "run as administrator"
(05-26-2018, 08:02 PM)Tech Wrote: I would try re-installing Battleping from normal location to just C:\Battleping incase any folder permissions have changed and causing issue.

If its not running as Admin, try right-click Battleping and choose "run as administrator"

It was installed under Programs(x86) and running as admin. I un-installed it and downloaded a fresh version and moved it to the suggested pathway. It is now "stuck" or just taking a good while updating itself.

UPDATE: It's still "downloading" an update. It's been a few hours now. I can cancel it, but I think that will just cause my original issue to restart.

https://puu.sh/AtDzh/d003e970b2.png
Hi, you can remove the wyupdate file in battleping folder to stop the update, however I don't think it will fix it since your access is denied to the folder.

Access denied can be caused by a third party security program such as an Antivirus, blocking access to either the appdata folder or to Battleping.
You may need to try opening it with the security app temporarily disabled, there is a good chance this is the issue.

Otherwise it may be a permissions issue, where ownership of the appdata folder is changed or restricted.
Or you changed to a restricted user or guest account on the pc.

I don't think the cause is file corruption as you have error on multiple files not just the update.

You can type in search: %appdata% to open your appdata folder to see if you have access, if you do have access, Then it is probably a security application blocking access to the application.