.Net Framework problem
I am using Windows 10 and had not logged in in a couple weeks. I am now getting Microsoft . Net Framework unhandled exception error saying access to C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\wyUpdateAU\bc58c86b-7b 30-4034-a952-ff7952372d59 auto update is denied. I cannot find wyUpdateAu folder. I found this listed in the forum for Windows 7 but cannot find a solution. Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Exception Message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\wyUpdate AU\bc58c86b-7b30-4034-a952-ff7952372d59.autoupdate' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at wyDay.Controls.AutoUpdaterInfo.Save(String filename)
at wyDay.Controls.AutoUpdaterInfo.Save()
at wyDay.Controls.AutomaticUpdaterBackend.AppLoaded()
at wyDay.Controls.AutomaticUpdater.ownerForm_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.7.3324.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BattlePing
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Battlepingv1/BattlePing.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 14.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
Win32 Version: 4.7.3353.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_B
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.7.3190.0 built by: NET472REL1LAST_C
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
AutomaticUpdater
Assembly Version: 2.6.18.4
Win32 Version: 2.6.18.4
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Battlepingv1/AutomaticUpdater.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
Im not sure what is denying access, it could be a permission issue or a security application.

Hi, A re-install of Battleping may fix the error.

Try opening the wyupdate file in the Battleping folder, it will attempt to check for and update and may show you more from the error or issue.

And you could also try deleting the wyupdate file, however it would remove the update ability and a new version of Battleping would need to be downloaded in future.

Appdata roaming folder is a hidden system folder by default on windows, changing a setting in folder permissions is needed to see it, however deleting the folder may not help if permission was blocked to that location.
(03-27-2019, 04:48 PM)Tech Wrote: Im not sure what is denying access, it could be a permission issue or a security application.

Hi, A re-install of Battleping may fix the error.

Try opening the wyupdate file in the Battleping folder, it will attempt to check for and update and may show you more from the error or issue.

And you could also try deleting the wyupdate file, however it would remove the update ability and a new version of Battleping would need to be downloaded in future.

Appdata roaming folder is a hidden system folder by default on windows, changing a setting in folder permissions is needed to see it, however deleting the folder may not help if permission was blocked to that location.

I tried reinstalling. I can see the appdata\roaming folder, but there is no wyUpdateAU folder. I was able to create the folder but it didn't help. There are 3 update files, when I delete the application and client.wyc the exception still appears. When I delete the AutomaticUpdater.dll BP doesn't open.
Hi, it should be there even if its not visible.

I apologize, I did did not give you correct instruction's for seeing the folder.
The Appadata roaming needs hidden file/folder, but the Wyupdate AU folder, needs "hide protected operating system file" in addition to Show hidden file/folder setting.
Windows default install will have both of these options disabled as not shown / hidden.

You don't actually need to mess with the folder permissions, if you did change any I suggest you put it back to the Default.
You can access the directory at the top of Windows explorer you will see a file path , for Example: "This PC > Local Disc C" , click that bar then copy paste into it:
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\wyUpdate AU\

This will take you to the folder, and you can delete the files in there, after deleting the files open Battleping folder and run the wyupdate.exe file.

I think that may fix your error.
(03-28-2019, 07:21 PM)Tech Wrote: Hi, it should be there even if its not visible.

I apologize, I did did not give you correct instruction's for seeing the folder.
The Appadata roaming needs hidden file/folder, but the Wyupdate AU folder, needs "hide protected operating system file" in addition to Show hidden file/folder setting.
Windows default install will have both of these options disabled as not shown / hidden.

You don't actually need to mess with the folder permissions, if you did change any I suggest you put it back to the Default.
You can access the directory at the top of Windows explorer you will see a file path , for Example: "This PC > Local Disc C" , click that bar then copy paste into it:
C:\Users\Steve\AppData\Roaming\wyUpdate AU\

This will take you to the folder, and you can delete the files in there, after deleting the files open Battleping folder and run the wyupdate.exe file.

I think that may fix your error.

Thank you, that did fix it.