Ping progressively getting worst
So when I was a trial user, ping to the texas 7 server (and for all servers actually) were 180ms-200ms ping. I bought a subscription then with 90 days on it and have noticed the ping slowly raising over time.

Currently the best ping ive got is 215ms from texas 1. And the range is 215-250ms.

Why is the ping seeming to be growing each day? I play ESO and only have battleping for that since Im an Australian player I originally had 380-400ms ping in ESO and with battle ping ive been having between 280-300. But given the rise in ping to the texas server its now higher :/

What is causing this slow gradual increase in ping? I;ve restarted my modem.
I will answer more than your question as you should not be using Texas location for ESO.
Your ping to Texas I think is related to the routing, some parts of Telstra network for Texas are below 200 and other parts higher.

Where to connect for ESO is tricky:
Scrubbing centers are located for the game should be Ashburn, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, San Jose and Tokyo
It means Battleping server would need to connect back from Texas to Ashburn or SanJose first before connecting to game server.
ESO is using Akamai so you get routed through Akamai first before Game Server, which location of Akamai can depend on both connection location and network. This is possibly part of the reason why you had 380-400 as I think Telstra might get routed through the Tokyo Akamai. So your connection path would look like AU>Japan>USA>Japan>AU

What to do?
You need to use a West-Coast server, if you are connecting from Australia for ESO.

I would suggest trying SJ WestCoast 9 first before the other West-Coast servers it should use the SanJose scrubbing location.
You could also try Sydney 2 server also it should route to SanJose and not Japan.

If you don't mind replying what ping you get with WestCoast 9 / Sydney 2 I am interested to know.
My guess would be around 250
(08-28-2019, 09:37 AM)Tech Wrote: I will answer more than your question as you should not be using Texas location for ESO.
Your ping to Texas I think is related to the routing, some parts of Telstra network for Texas are below 200 and other parts higher.

Where to connect for ESO is tricky:
Scrubbing centers are located for the game should be Ashburn, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, San Jose and Tokyo
It means Battleping server would need to connect back from Texas to Ashburn or SanJose first before connecting to game server.
ESO is using Akamai so you get routed through Akamai first before Game Server, which location of Akamai can depend on both connection location and network. This is possibly part of the reason why you had 380-400 as I think Telstra might get routed through the Tokyo Akamai. So your connection path would look like AU>Japan>USA>Japan>AU

What to do?
You need to use a West-Coast server, if you are connecting from Australia for ESO.

I would suggest trying SJ WestCoast 9 first before the other West-Coast servers it should use the SanJose scrubbing location.
You could also try Sydney 2 server also it should route to SanJose and not Japan.

If you don't mind replying what ping you get with WestCoast 9 / Sydney 2 I am interested to know.
My guess would be around 250

Hi, I'm booting up the game and will post the results below:
WestCoast 9:
Ping to server:152ms
Ping in ESO:230-260

Sydney 2:
Ping to server:7ms
Ping in ESO:230-265

Westcoast seems to be the best.
Thanks for the reply,
Im glad it worked out for you, its an improvement over Texas.
I think you would have been going the Japanese route to get 380-400ms.
(08-28-2019, 02:15 PM)Tech Wrote: Thanks for the reply,
Im glad it worked out for you, its an improvement over Texas.
I think you would have been going the Japanese route to get 380-400ms.

Definitely much better, thanks so much for your help Smile It's a improvement over Texas so Im happy! And better than what I had before.
Sadly the ping has increased again: Originally (as posted above)
WestCoast 9:
Ping to server:152ms
Ping in ESO:230-260

Now WestCoast 9:
Ping to server: 205
Ping in eso: 280-300

I've been using the WestCoast 11 Server:
Ping to server: 170ms
Ping in eso: 260-280ms

Whys the ping going up over time for?? :/ I struggle to get a consistent result.
Your connecting from two different IP's 58.168.xx.xx / 60.227.xx.xx You may need to swap servers depending on which Range you connect from It might be giving you a different ping.

You can use West-Coast also aside from SanJose, not sure which ones are best for you from different IP ranges.
Probably would be about 6'ms higher using West-Coast 10 than using SJ 9, in terms of our server to the Akami network.