Japan1 (& Other JP Servers) +60ms from usual
Hi, Japan1 is my usual go-to, but it's 60ms higher than usual, with most other servers reaching into 200-400. Japan6 is usable for now, but it's still 30ms higher than usual. Playing FFXIV on Japanese servers.

I have verified that a friend in a different state & on a different ISP is experiencing the same increases.

Is this a known issue that's being looked at?

Thanks!
It's possible this is an Australia-wide issue with overseas connections, from my further reading.
Will take a look.
(03-19-2020, 12:19 AM)Tech Wrote: Will take a look.

Hi, I hope you're well.

I am wondering if there was any progress on Japanese nodes?

Thanks.
Hi, regarding Japan 1 this is in the Amazon Datacenter and both location are connecting via Singapore, so it would currently be worse for users from Sydney but better for those closer to Perth.
There is no adjustment we can make to change this.

We have two options in the Australia server menu, Sydney 1 and 4 to > Japan, we force the connection from our Sydney server to Tokyo along the correct path.

Your option at the moment would be to use Japan 6 or one of our Sydney>Japan links.

I see around 120'ms when testing from Aussie BB Sydney to Japan 6, But I can't test the ping you would be seeing through from your House.
(03-26-2020, 07:52 PM)Tech Wrote: Hi, regarding Japan 1 this is in the Amazon Datacenter and both location are connecting via Singapore, so it would currently be worse for users from Sydney but better for those closer to Perth.
There is no adjustment we can make to change this.

We have two options in the Australia server menu, Sydney 1 and 4 to > Japan, we force the connection from our Sydney server to Tokyo along the correct path.

Your option at the moment would be to use Japan 6 or one of our Sydney>Japan links.

I see around 120'ms when testing from Aussie BB Sydney to Japan 6, But I can't test the ping you would be seeing through from your House.

Thanks. Japan 6 is definitely reasonable now, at 123 from Sydney. It's just that Japan 1 used to be 109. Syd>Jap1 is 119, which seems to be the best option for the time being. I'll mention if I run into any issues with the alpha route.

Thanks.