Warcraft Oceanic
For the past month or so i've been getting good latency with BP, however this morning it seems that wow isn't connecting through BP (even though it indicates the game is connected & detected.)

Prior to this morning my latency was as follows:

Without BP 155-170 MS
with BP 105-110 MS

This morning

With /Without BP 155-177 MS

I also tried the wowauonly setting and that gave the same results as this morning.

Looking forward to hearing back !

Nas
Are you playing Retail or Classic?
Which Battleping server you do normally use, is your ping to this server same as it was?
(05-14-2022, 11:28 AM)Tech Wrote: Are you playing Retail or Classic?

Which Battleping server you do normally use, is your ping to this server same as it was?

I'm playing Retail, tried connecting through:

Syndey 1 - 6 ( i normally used the Sydeny connetions mostly Syd 2 or Syd 4, tried all of them now and the same result)
Singapore 1-8

Further Update:

Withtout BP my (in game) ms now is 150-178
With BP i get a constant (in game) 200 MS no on all the above routes.

Previously my (in game) ping to the Sydney servers were always 106 ms through batteping, now they are all 200ms, seems like a 100MS increase across the board.

However the ping shown on the BP app still says 106, however all in game connections are now 200ms if logged through BP.
(05-14-2022, 01:46 PM)nasnoos83 Wrote:
(05-14-2022, 11:28 AM)Tech Wrote: Are you playing Retail or Classic?

I'm playing Retail, tried connecting through:

Syndey 1 - 6 ( i normally used the Sydeny connetions mostly Syd 2 or Syd 4, tried all of them now and the same result)
Singapore 1-8

Further Update:

Withtout BP my (in game) ms now is 150-178
With BP i get a constant (in game) 200 MS no on all the above routes.

Previously my (in game) ping to the Sydney servers were always 106 ms through batteping, now they are all 200ms, seems like a 100MS increase across the board.

However the ping shown on the BP app still says 106, however all in game connections are now 200ms if logged through BP.

Ok further update, it seems this has nothing to do with BP, it was working fine all the time, the moment i disabled my antivirus things were normal again.

Sorry for the trouble,
Regarding the wowauonly, its probably good for you to use, since if you cross-realm with USA in say a dungeon group, then the ping is better to go direct instead of to Sydney server first.

It's possible there is a setting on the AV you can change to make it work again.
You can also test the connection 2 option which changes the port, This might help if the AV is filtering the port 443/https that could make it bypass connection 1.

If you have trouble I could take a look at the AV to see what it might be blocking.
(05-14-2022, 02:23 PM)Tech Wrote: Regarding the wowauonly, its probably good for you to use, since if you cross-realm with USA in say a dungeon group, then the ping is better to go direct instead of to Sydney server first.

It's possible there is a setting on the AV you can change to make it work again.
You can also test the connection 2 option which changes the port, This might help if the AV is filtering the port 443/https that could make it bypass connection 1.

If you have trouble I could take a look at the AV to see what it might be blocking.

Thanks for the help, all sorted out now, using wowauonly and switching AV programs solved it for me.

Thanks again !