No change in ping
Hello,

I play on FFXIV EU server 195.82.50.9

Battleping shows me a ping of 131+ to all EU servers when it used to give me 100~120 in the past.

This is the same ping I get without using VPN.

Ping statistics for 195.82.50.9:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 132ms, Maximum = 133ms, Average = 132ms

Is there a reason why I'm seeing no change now?
Im not sure the reason you are seeing a change now, I had a look from a couple of network providers from the France link to Ooredoo and also a Netherlands link, both were around the ping you are seeing now.

Which Battleping server have you been using the most recently?
I will try to check if there is another route to Ooredoo.
(05-19-2022, 07:50 PM)Tech Wrote: Im not sure the reason you are seeing a change now, I had a look from a couple of network providers from the France link to Ooredoo and also a Netherlands link, both were around the ping you are seeing now.

Which Battleping server have you been using the most recently?
I will try to check if there is another route to Ooredoo.

Hey,
sorry for late reply.

I mostly use Connection 2 - Germany 7
Hi, tested this and did not find any better ping's yet, i tested multiple IP ranges to Ooredoo but it did not help.
I will try to see what has changed.

Users for this game in general have found benefit from using a server close to the game, so you may still find benifit.
(05-22-2022, 05:22 PM)Tech Wrote: Hi, tested this and did not find any better ping's yet, i tested multiple IP ranges to Ooredoo but it did not help.
I will try to see what has changed.

Users for this game in general have found benefit from using a server close to the game, so you may still find benifit.

Just recently, I started getting 112ms from Germany 7. I'm happy with that Big Grin
Not sure what was causing 131+ ping before.
Hi, had a look, for some connections the France > Qatar link has changed now.

I could not see this route available at all when I was testing previously, It might have been down, or the connection rerouted for some reason or due to a Maintenance. Not sure on the cause either, as we did not make any changes.