(TCP) Singapore Gone ?
Previously (few months ago) i used to play on Singapore (TCP) which improved my ping a lot.

I haven't been playing a lot since then. But now, im on vacation for 3 months and wanted to do little gaming so i bought the 3 month plan about 20-30 minutes ago. I searched for Singapore (TCP) but they were all gone. There was Singapore 1 - 8 but none of them had (TCP). I don't know what TCP is but for some reason I had better and more stable connection with (TCP).

Is there anyway to re-add the TCP for Singapore so i don't waste my 3 month plan? Thank you.
You would have been using Singapore 6.

Some games connect over TCP or UDP protocol, we only supported TCP on that server at the time, but now support both like most servers, so we removed the TCP name.
Since your game worked with SG6 then you would have been playing a game that uses TCP protocol.
(09-19-2022, 11:18 AM)Tech Wrote: You would have been using Singapore 6.

Some games connect over TCP or UDP protocol, we only supported TCP on that server at the time, but now support both like most servers, so we removed the TCP name.
Since your game worked with SG6 then you would have been playing a game that uses TCP protocol.

Is there a way to force TCP and not connect using UDP ? My ping on using singapore server 6 at the moment fluctuates a lot jumping from 80 - 200ms when i continuously click "PING" button on Battleping app (Yes i know it's probably due to my ISP) but when i use hongkong 5 (TCP) now, it's stable between 125-130ms and never going above it or below 125ms.

PS: the game i'm playing is Path of Exile (Singapore server)
PS2: i was using singapore 6 because my ping at the time fluctuates the least when i use it. Other servers were also fine but my ISP for some reason fluctuates a lot when i connect using non-TCP.
Also wanted to add when i ping Singapore google it's stable between 50-55ms but when i ping POE Singapore servers it fluctuates a lot from 90ms - 200ms, same goes for when i use Battleping servers which uses UDP. Since singapore 6 was able to force TCP for me, i was able to get a stable ping. I don't know how the routing works but TCP did it for me.

I would be very grateful if there was a way to force TCP and disable UDP.
You already use TCP, POE main connection is TCP, if a game uses TCP then you connect to Battleping with TCP.
Only UDP is used if the game uses UDP, Most games we support are TCP but some games like FPS shooters tend to use UDP more.

I suggest doing some some testing by looking at your ping/latency in-game.
For POE click Options -> Graphics, then under Performance Metrics tick the Show bars.
Then click Save.
After doing this if you press F1 you should see information like your FPS and your real Latency in-game.

Remember if you change server on Battleping app to click "connect" again, and re-open your game.
Testing your Ping in-game is a little slower to do but might help you find a server that is more stable for you.

The SG location for POE is on SG IBM network.
I Tested connection to your ISP from same network POE use and the Highest I saw it Jump to was only 110ms, so im not sure where your spikes are occurring.